Big Bears Lodge is located less than an hour from 6 state parks in Southern Vermont. Going to these parks is one of the best ways you can experience the beauty of the outdoors in Vermont.
- Molly Stark State Park – 20 mins
- Jamaica State Park – 27 mins
- Townshend State Park – 38 mins
- Lowell Lake State Park – 41 mins
- Fort Dummer State Park – 46 mins
- Sweet Pond State Park – 54 mins
Great hiking, photo, and picnic opportunities await at all of these great state parks. Of course, if you don’t want to travel too far, Mount Snow offers a variety of trails too. Swimming is available in West River at both Jamaica and Townshend. Lowell Lake is also a nice spot for some kayaking or canoeing. Sweet Pond is currently drained in order to repair the dam, construction is expected to be completed in 2017.
Learn more about each state park by clicking here.